Gifts That Reduce Your Taxes
Complimentary planning resources are just a click away!
You can carry out God’s work through the Sisters of Notre Dame to transform the world in Christ. What’s more, you can leave these generous gifts now and you may receive tax benefits to enjoy for yourself.
Retirement plan gift:
You can simply name the Sisters of Notre Dame as a beneficiary of your retirement plan to empower our shared mission for generations to come.
IRA Charitable Rollover:
You can transfer funds from your IRA directly to the Sisters of Notre Dame. This is an effective way to have an immediate impact in the lives of children, adults and the elderly at home and around the world. Here’s how it works:
- You must be 70 ½ or older.
- An individual may transfer up to a total of $100,000 per year and a married couple may give up to $200,000.
- Your gift must be transferred directly from the IRA account to the Sisters of Notre Dame.
- Your gift is a transfer of funds from your IRA to the Sisters of Notre Dame, so it does not create taxable income for you and is not considered a charitable tax deduction.
- The transfer of funds counts towards your annual Required Minimum Distribution from your IRA.
If you’re interested in this popular way to support the Sisters of Notre Dame, download a sample letter for your IRA administrator here.
Life Insurance Policy Gift:
Do you have a life insurance policy that has outlasted its original purpose? You can use it (or a percentage of it) to reduce your taxes and create a gift for the Sisters of Notre Dame that demonstrates your commitment to sharing your blessings with those in need.
- You could potentially reduce your income taxes;
- You might possibly receive additional tax deductions if you make annual gifts, so the Sisters of Notre Dame would be able to continue to pay the premiums;
- You can see firsthand how your gift supports our work if the Sisters of Notre Dame cashes in the policy;
- You can create your legacy. If the Sisters of Notre Dame retains the policy to maturity, or you name it as a beneficiary, once the policy matures, the proceeds of your policy will be paid to the Sisters of Notre Dame.
Gifts of Securities:
- You may receive a charitable income tax deduction for the full market value of what you give (up to a maximum percentage of your adjusted gross income as dictated by tax law);
- You could possibly avoid paying the capital gains tax on any increase in the value of the stock you give.
Charitable Lead Trusts:
With this option, you can transfer assets to your children while reducing or eliminating gift or estate taxes, and create your legacy with the Sisters of Notre Dame. You will receive a gift or estate tax deduction when you fund the trust. Annual payments are made to the Sisters of Notre Dame for a period of time, after which your family will receive the remaining trust assets, as well as any increase in value, free of any estate or gift taxes.
- Reduce gift or estate taxes.
- Transfer assets to your family at reduced or no cost.
- Make annual gifts to the Sisters of Notre Dame.
Your Giving Toolkit
Have Questions? I'm Here To Help!
This information is not intended as legal, accounting, or other professional advice. For assistance in planning your gift(s), please consult a lawyer and/or financial advisor for professional advice.